All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum  
AMR Shamus Cooncreek and Tumbleweed Springs AMR Shamus Badger Creek AMR Shamus How I make a model railroad

Go Back   All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum > Model Train Forums > Making Model Railroad Diorama's
Gallery Image Hosting Calendar FAQ Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd July 2008, 01:53   #1
norskman

Thumbs up Need an HO Display Track built?? please

Hello Fellow members

I am looking for some help please..I will try to keep this as brief as possible..I am looking for a HO display track.... I am afraid due to medical problems I find it very painful to use my hands..i suffer from chronic psorisis..this as you may imagine is frustrating to say the least..but i live with it..25+years!!I am just starting out in HO..and am excited at the progress i have made in a relatively short time..especially with the help of fellow forum members here and elsewhere..Lots of things are starting to happen...

One thing i have wanted for a while now..is a really nice Display track..because it could be sometime before i can locate a quality pre-loved/owned HO continental Layout? and i have some loco`s & stock already purchased..

what ideally i would like is single or double track display no more than 20" or 51cm long (this is due to Royal Mail postal size restrictions on postings abroad )............I live now in Norway!...but Yorkshire bred;

The length could be a bit smaller if twin tracked...i would like it mounted on a nice bit of wood, tracked ,ballasted ..bit of greenery and buffer stops each end?if poss,no cover required..as it will be going in display case..

It is a lot to ask but would be obliged and of course i will pay for all materials..you have to buy e.t.c.as long as it does not get to silly...

I really would be grateful for any help..

please contact me by e-mail or PM,,

all the best & many thanks

Steve
norskman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2008, 07:31   #2
Shamus
Administrator

Default Re: Need an HO Display Track built?? please

PM'd you

Shamus
Shamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 07:39   #3
Piermaster

Hi Steve,

Please have a look at 'My Physiotherapy Project' thread within this site, I built this to help me recover following surgery on a broken arm. I built most of this with one good hand and the other one improved as work progressed!

Cheers,

Dave
It sticks out by half a mile.
Essellty
Piermaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2008, 11:59   #4
norskman

Thumbs up Re: Need an HO Display Track built?? please

Good morning Dave,
Very good to hear from you...much obliged

I am afraid i have chronic psorisis which is a skin decease..which makes doing(touching) nothing painful..but as soon as you start touching objects,,it is not fun..very painful..

the good news one of our memebers as kindly agreed to build one on commission for me

all the best Steve
norskman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2008, 00:14   #5
Howqua
Mod Squad

I'm glad you got that sorted Steve,let us know how it goes.
Howqua is offline   Reply With Quote