All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum  
AMR Shamus Cooncreek and Tumbleweed Springs AMR Shamus Badger Creek AMR Shamus How I make a model railroad

Go Back   All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum > Model Train Forums > Technical & Electronics also DCC
Gallery Image Hosting Calendar FAQ Mark Forums Read

Old 4th February 2008, 12:14   #1
johnnoble

Default Bachmann Dynamis and auto reverse module

Does anybody know of an auto reverse module that will work with the Bachmann Dynamis. I gather the "common" type with a relay (such as the Guagemaster DCC40) will not act in time to stop the Dynamis itself cutting out. The OG-AR apparently needs a 4a supply so unless you invest in the Bachmann booster it will not work either.
Regards
johnnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 16:00   #2
WoundedBear

Default Re: Bachmann Dynamis and auto reverse module

I used the Digitrax AR1 module with my Bachmann EZ Command and had great success.

The AR1 has an adjustable trip current setting. It took a bit of "dialing in" but it worked reliably everytime.

Since Christmas, I made a switch to an MRC Prodigy Advanced Squared system, and again, had no trouble dialing in the AR1 to work.

http://www.digitrax.com/v1/ftp/ar1.pdf

Sid
WoundedBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 21:48   #3
JohnGymer

Hi John,
Welcome to AMR!
I've used a Lenz auto-reverse module LK100 and this works a treat too. I've got it hooked up to a Lenz Set90 most of the time, but the delays and sensitivity are all programmable (sensitivity is a pot' on the unit itself - dead easy), so I'd be amazed if the Dynamis couldn't work well with it too.
As for power, it doesn't ask for much. Mine is hooked up to an ancient Hornby analogue controller's 12v output, coz I had it, it didn't cost anything, and it worked!
Let us know what you decide to go with.
Enjoy!
John
JohnGymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 22:25   #4
wickman

I'm using 2 OGAR's on my layout there is no 4amp power supply needed the 4amp is referring to its set current trip. http://tonystrains.com/technews/psx_vs_onguard.htm

Location Great White North

The Layout http://www.all-model-railroading.co....ead.php?t=2907
wickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2008, 00:30   #5
LancashireFusilier

I was just going to ask about that. Seemed excessive for a reversing module to need a 4 amp supply.
LancashireFusilier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2008, 12:09   #6
johnnoble

Thanks for the replies. If you have indeed used an OG-AR with a Bachmann Dynamis with no booster that answers the query. But the issue as I understand it is the 4A trip - it will only work with boosters that will supply enough current for the 4A trip to work while the Dynamis is only rated at around 2.5A. The OG-AR itself of course will only draw a very small current.
johnnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 14:57   #7
fktco00007

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoundedBear View Post
I used the Digitrax AR1 module with my Bachmann EZ Command and had great success.

The AR1 has an adjustable trip current setting. It took a bit of "dialing in" but it worked reliably everytime.

Since Christmas, I made a switch to an MRC Prodigy Advanced Squared system, and again, had no trouble dialing in the AR1 to work.

http://www.digitrax.com/v1/ftp/ar1.pdf

Sid
Hi!I have the same EZ and wish to use the AR1 moudle on my fleischmann 9152 turntable.No metter how I adjust trip current(high or low) ,the command still shut down when locomotive pass into the reverse section.Could you teach me how to do it can be like your way to sucess.Thank's for help!
fktco00007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 10:30   #8
acrank

Hi All.
I've been scouring the web and forums to find a cost effective Auto Reverse Module that works with the Bachmann Dynamis.

From an advert in the Model Railroad Hobbyist on-line magazine I got to looking at the products from Tam Valley Depot.

With the helpful assistance of Duncan Mcree at Tam Valley Depot and after installing Tam Valley Depot's DCC Dual Frog Juicer/Auto-Reverser/Circuit Breaker for the turntable on my layout, I can confirm that Tam Valley Depot's DCC Dual Frog Juicer/Auto-Reverser/Circuit Breaker (scroll about 2/3 down on the page) works great as an Auto Reverse Module with the Bachmann Dynamis and it is at a very competitive price.

Regards,
Adrian
acrank is offline   Reply With Quote