All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum  
AMR Shamus Cooncreek and Tumbleweed Springs AMR Shamus Badger Creek AMR Shamus How I make a model railroad

Go Back   All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum > Model Train Forums > Technical & Electronics also DCC
Gallery Image Hosting Calendar FAQ Mark Forums Read

Old 26th July 2006, 15:35   #11
Shamus
Administrator

Default Re: MRC II Sound Generator 8000

The rate of steam chuffs does change with the throttle position, at least on my setup it does.

Shamus
Shamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2006, 17:09   #12
Bob W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamus
The rate of steam chuffs does change with the throttle position, at least on my setup it does.

Shamus
Mine does not seem to do that, I'll clean all the terminals and blow out the cob-webs. It has been sitting for a long time and part of it was under a carport in the Florida humidity.

Bob W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2006, 22:25   #13
Bob W

Thanks to Bill @ Bill's Railroad I now have the instruction sheet. The instruction sheet does not mention a separate circuit board also Bill is not aware of such a board. After looking at the board some more I realized there are no IC chips on the board. It has 4 capacitors, 8 resistors, 3 diodes, 4 transistors and a partridge in a pear tree. So I don't think it could be a sound board or timing board.

Bob W [FL]
Old 27th July 2006, 12:03   #14
Bob W

I have posted pictures of the 2 boards front & back.

Bob W
Old 28th July 2006, 00:12   #15
CBCNSfan

Bob, I purchased one of those years ago. LOL it's still in the box although I tested it and it worked somewhat. The rate of chuff does increase with an increase in the throttle and vice versa for the decrease. However the volume of the diesel sound leaves a lot to be desired in loudness and sound. There were no spare cards or add ons that came with it nor have I heard of any.
Give me a little time and I'll open mine up to see what's inside. I have all the instructions both whats on the box and what was inside, them I guess I could scan and email them to you. It hooks up much like Shamus says.
Not doing a lot here nowdays, the heat is not fit for man or beast. Even the dogs find cooler areas under decks and crawl under. If you want scans of the box instructions send me a PM with your email address.

Cheers Willis
CBCNSfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 00:26   #16
Bob W

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB&CNSfan
Bob, I purchased one of those years ago. LOL it's still in the box although I tested it and it worked somewhat. The rate of chuff does increase with an increase in the throttle and vice versa for the decrease. However the volume of the diesel sound leaves a lot to be desired in loudness and sound. There were no spare cards or add ons that came with it nor have I heard of any.
Give me a little time and I'll open mine up to see what's inside. I have all the instructions both whats on the box and what was inside, them I guess I could scan and email them to you. It hooks up much like Shamus says.
Not doing a lot here nowdays, the heat is not fit for man or beast. Even the dogs find cooler areas under decks and crawl under. If you want scans of the box instructions send me a PM with your email address.

Cheers Willis
Willis,

I appreciate the offer but I already got a copy of the instructions, I think I noted that, up a few messages. I need to try it again and see if I can get it to adjust with the throttle. I tried it with the steam setting and the volume is good, but like you said the diesel is very low. Luckily all I'm running is Steam. I can appreciate the heat situation being in central Florida. It's 7:30 and still 85.
I'm still trying to find out what the two boards are for.
Old 28th July 2006, 02:03   #17
CBCNSfan

OK Bob before the week is out I'll see if I can get the screws out of mine. They're the tamper proof kind to keep us out of them and from learning all the secrets. Maybe I should get some kid to get them out

Cheers Willis
CBCNSfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 07:56   #18
LancashireFusilier

I can't see the partridge nor the pear tree on the circuit board which is a little dissapointing don't you think?
LancashireFusilier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 18:02   #19
Bob W

Just an update. The contact info that VicB on another site found, is indeed Train Tronics. They had two corporations and combined it into one, KY Tronics. The M-610 board is a turntable controller that is about 8 to 9 years old. Train Tronics provided the board to Bowser for their turntables. Train Tronics does not have any instructions for the board. I contacted Bowser and they still have instructions which they are going to mail to me. Both companies were very nice to deal with.

Now to find out what the other board does.

Thanks for all the assistance.
Old 28th July 2006, 18:06   #20
Bob W

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancashireFusilier
I can't see the partridge nor the pear tree on the circuit board which is a little dissapointing don't you think?
Sorry about that. Hows this