All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum  
AMR Shamus Cooncreek and Tumbleweed Springs AMR Shamus Badger Creek AMR Shamus How I make a model railroad

Go Back   All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum > Model Train Forums > Photographic Competitions.
Gallery Image Hosting Calendar FAQ Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 6th March 2011, 13:18   #1
TCWORLD
Mod Squad

Default Spring Competition - Prototype

This is the thread for prototype photographs (i.e. real life railways)

As it is spring (well here in the northern hemisphere at any rate), the competition for the next two months will be New Beginnings.

To go into more detail, the sort of things i am thinking are:
  • Has a railway just been built near you?
  • Or have you visited a new railway?
  • A new section of line about to open?
  • A new engine of train appeared that you haven't seen before?
Please enter your photograph here whenever you are ready.

The competition will run to the end of April
Old 19th March 2011, 04:46   #2
rhoward

Default Re: Spring Competition - Prototype

Produced by General Electric in 1941, this little 45 tonner Industrial Switcher saw service with several owners before going to work for Rochester Gas and Electric in 1965. She was retired in 1991 and acquired by the Rochester and Genesee Valley RR Museum in Rush, NY (USA) in April of 1991. She has spend several years in the restoration building for both needed repairs and a new paint job restoring her to her original RG&E Paint Scheme. RG&E never used a number on her so the museum has numbered her 1941 for the year she was built (for roster and operations safety). Here she is newly painted and operating under her own power for the first time in many years. This is a night shot done at a membership meeting last August. It is a new beginning! Stunning isn't she?!?

Old 19th March 2011, 11:03   #3
Howqua
Mod Squad

Thanks for sharing,nice story as well.
Old 20th March 2011, 03:07   #4
BR60103

Cool Re: Spring Competition - Prototype

Taken in February on a day trip to Fernandina Beach in the absolute NE corner of Florida.It's the first time I'd seen one of these whatevers, and my first time seeing the railway. They serve the port at Fernandina and link it to the mainland.

Old 23rd March 2011, 22:32   #5
ggp

Seeing as how I have a couple of General Electric CP ES44AC's on order, I thought a picture of one, along with the older 4400 golden beaver version, would be in order. I am a big fan of the golden beaver, and even though it has been removed from the new ES44AC's, I have decals ready to go on my new one's when they arrive.

Old 4th May 2011, 16:40   #6
TCWORLD
Mod Squad

As a last minute entry, here is my photograph.

The Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways in North Wales have finally been connected to each other and the full WHR is now open having been lost 60 years ago.
To celebrate it, and to raise funds, the society that runs the railways held a one off journey that covered all 80 Miles of the railway (there and back again), and was the only train that is likely to do the full journey non stop. For my birthday present from my parents, I was on the train.

Here is my favourite photo from the trip. At one of the stations we all got to get of and the train reversed back half a mile and then did a run past so we could take photographs. I think I'm right in saying that this is the only time that there has been and will be a double fairlie double heading, and here is my picture of it:

Closed Thread