All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum  
AMR Shamus Cooncreek and Tumbleweed Springs AMR Shamus Badger Creek AMR Shamus How I make a model railroad

Go Back   All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum > Model Train Forums > The Narrow Gauge Lines
Gallery Image Hosting Calendar FAQ Mark Forums Read

Old 21st September 2010, 12:53   #1
Tedh

Default Your own model railroad forum

Do you model in a specific scale and wish you could have a small forum on your own website? One where you could discuss, with your circle of fellow modellers, without the hassle of the large forum software packages?

As I work in North American 1/4 inch narrow gauge, I wanted such a bulletin board and decided to write my own. It's functioning, needs a few minor tweaks, and is live on my site.

The package will be free and installs in under a minute. Once ready to download I will post the link in my forum and blog. So if you want your own forum, check it out.

You can find the forum here.
Please note, if you something similar to the AMR forum software, my one is not in that league.
Tedh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2010, 15:16   #2
Tedh

Default Re: Your own model railroad forum

I've finally finished off all the code for this and if you are interested in a small forum for your site, you can download it at: http://www.ted-hawkins.com/perl.html

One of the thing I have done is allow limitation of image sizes. That's helpful so you don't fill up your server.
Tedh is offline   Reply With Quote