All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum  
AMR Shamus Cooncreek and Tumbleweed Springs AMR Shamus Badger Creek AMR Shamus How I make a model railroad

Go Back   All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum > Model Train Forums > The Narrow Gauge Lines
Gallery Image Hosting Calendar FAQ Mark Forums Read

Old 18th April 2011, 17:08   #11
RW James

Default Re: Using All Gauges in O Scale

Here is a 30 inch gauge Porter at the Nevada Railroad Museum

RW James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2011, 10:18   #12
MotionMan

Default Re: Using All Gauges in O Scale

Thanks for that Bpb. The initials make all the difference. That's an interesting photo. Yes, you're right, those guys standing up don't look as if they'd fit very comfortably in the cab. You can see someone inside the cab and I think he must be sitting down. Anyway, assuming the 1:48 scale measurements are correct on mine, the cab is now 1:43 scale height and my 1:43 scale figure (about 5ft 9ins) fits comfortably inside, although there is still a slight danger he could bang his bonce on the entrance arch.

And many thanks for those photos Rick (my name's Richard aswell). That bottom one is just what I've been looking for. It looks exactly like the model and there's people standing right next to it. Assuming those standing fellas are not all 5ft that fits the height of the cab on mine now, and the top of my figure's head matches the bottom of the window ledge aswell. Interesting to note that there's women in the cab, and not in working clothes. Wives or girl friends perhaps.

Interesting to see the detail. Must try to add some string for the bell on mine. I bought a 1:48 scale On30 American coach yesterday. It had been tempting me in a shop for sometime and I eventually decided, after much examination, to buy it and have a go at the conversion to 1:43.

My 1:43 figures have got to fit comfortably inside, and on the veranda. And no .... chopping their legs off is NOT the solution

Happy Easter folks

Rich
MotionMan is offline   Reply With Quote