All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum  
AMR Shamus Cooncreek and Tumbleweed Springs AMR Shamus Badger Creek AMR Shamus How I make a model railroad

Go Back   All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum > Model Train Forums > 0 / G scales (Gn15)
Gallery Image Hosting Calendar FAQ Mark Forums Read

Old 11th October 2010, 23:29   #11
Whitty

Default Re: new layout : vulcan iron works at gn15

Excellent work all round. Looks like it's fun to operate too - even the staff look as if they are enjoying their work.

George
Whitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 21:37   #12
franckcombe

Default Re: new layout : vulcan iron works at gn15

I took some outdoor shoots with a good camera

this is the aerial view of the layout with the explanation of the various buildings

The tracks comes from peco 0 16.5 code 100. I run with dc (with gaugemaster) or with dcc. The tracks are covered with earth and sand or with plaster to simulate the concrete floor.

All the structures are entirely kit bashed in card stock, then cover with home made plastic sheet convert in corrugated with a special tool. The vents come from rix. Exterior lamps from Ozark Miniature. Accessories come from a craftsman in uk and Scale Equipment Ltd. The logo of the vulcan was draw on a plastic sheet then cut with xacto blade. I paint and weather the structures with humbrol paint, powder and chalk. As you can see I love heavy weathering. The figurines come from Preiser, Tamiya, Italieri and Supply Line

All the locos come from are entirely kit bashed or in kit ( Pepper 7, Ozark Miniatures and Cast Away Model) or are commercial models modified (trolley or 040 from Bachmann).

The rolling stocks are Bachmann or Pepper7 .
franckcombe is offline   Reply With Quote