All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum  
AMR Shamus Cooncreek and Tumbleweed Springs AMR Shamus Badger Creek AMR Shamus How I make a model railroad

Go Back   All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum > Model Train Forums > Photographic Competitions.
Gallery Image Hosting Calendar FAQ Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 21st December 2010, 17:12   #11
TCWORLD
Mod Squad

Default Re: Model -Winter Competition.

There are a couple more weeks to get in your model scene photographs for the winter competition, we have 3 so far, lets get some more entries.

Remeber, the theme is winter, any model scene which to you best portrays winter.

- For those of us in the UK, just take your railway outside, it will soon be covered in snow!
Old 4th January 2011, 12:36   #12
TCWORLD
Mod Squad

The Model half of this competition is now Closed. Dont forget you can now enter your prototype pictures in the Prototype thread.
Old 5th January 2011, 07:59   #13
tutaenui

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCWORLD View Post
The Model half of this competition is now Closed. Dont forget you can now enter your prototype pictures in the Prototype thread.
In future can I suggest the first part of the competition remain open until the second part is closed. Particularly if the first part is the model comp we may be able to extract an extra entry or two with the extended time.
Old 5th January 2011, 17:10   #14
Selector

It would have the effect of having a model competition twice as long as the prototype competition, which will disadvantage those who might be able to contribute images of the prototype, but who have no models of their own. If that is acceptable, then so be it. I just don't know if it would be the intent...to grant the modellers twice as much time as those who have none, but who can still participate meaningfully.

This is not an argument, by the way...I'm just pointing out that some may wonder why the bias should be towards the modellers among us if the competition is meant to be inclusive. And, the decider should have a reasonable answer.

Crandell
Old 5th January 2011, 17:33   #15
RW James

One way around the problem would be to have both model and prototype running simultaneously.

As it is now, you have two months to get a prototype photo, but only one month to build and photograph a model.
Old 5th January 2011, 20:20   #16
Selector

Yes, that's what I mean...no matter how you do it with an extension to one, the other side would be disadvantaged in one way. The simplest, and fairest, approach is the current construction...if you ask me. We can't help that both are announced at the same time, because that does impart a temporal advantage to the second of the challenges.

I will say this: on one forum, the photos must be generated in a strictly enforced timeframe commencing with the announcement. Photos produced before the time of the announcement for the challenge are ineligible. It keeps things tight, but also fresh, and it has the hopefully salutary effect of forcing contributors to come up with some new images, maybe even some new modelling.

Oh, well....we can't have it all ways.

Crandell
Old 5th January 2011, 21:12   #17
TCWORLD
Mod Squad

Rick, usually the competition runs the other way around - prototype first then model, which gives you notice of the theme a month before the model half begins so that there is time to build something if that is what you want to do.

If there is a will to run both halves of the competition at the same time, then we can try that for the spring competition. The only reason the two halves are seperated is to avoid confusion as to where to post your pictures.
Closed Thread