All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum  
AMR Shamus Cooncreek and Tumbleweed Springs AMR Shamus Badger Creek AMR Shamus How I make a model railroad

Go Back   All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum > Model Train Forums > Detailing and Weathering
Gallery Image Hosting Calendar FAQ Mark Forums Read

Old 24th January 2011, 17:20   #1
B&O Glennwood

Default Paper and Card Structures

Hello I am interested in contacting other modelers who use computer programs to build paper and card structures So that we can share ideas and perhaps buildings I use the ModelBuilder and Brickyard program But I am interested in learning what you are using and seeing your structures Also discussing the ups and downs of the programs I got started in this when I downloaded the structures on the build your own main street site I was so impressed that I had to learn more So if anyone out there is doing the samething I am Please contact me Here so that we can learn from each other and become better MODELERS Thank you very much PAUL
B&O Glennwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2011, 18:25   #2
LoudMusic

Default Re: Paper and Card Structures

I think a lot of people use Google's SketchUp, but there aren't any easy ways to transition those creations to paper for cutting and folding, that I'm aware of. There is a plugin called 'Cut List', but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Apparently it will help you go from the 3D SketchUp model to cut patterns and lumber requirements. Theoretically it could be modified to work with paper or cardboard instead. There may even be a plugin specifically for that task.

Have you made anything yet? Anything you'd like to share pictures of with the rest of us? We're all very visual people - kind of part of the hobby I suppose
LoudMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 02:32   #3
Roy Buchanan

I've modified one of the structures on the "Main Street" site. I backed the printed building with 1/4" foam core and it looks pretty good. I also added eaves, etc. Want to do more as time and motivation allows. I haven't purchased any programs and likely won't. I am going to try and find building fronts to use as flats along the backdrop.

Roy
Roy Buchanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 05:18   #4
clevermod01

thereare a couple of free kits at Clevermodels.net
Click on freebies
clevermod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 07:09   #5
Roy Buchanan

Already have those. Modified one a bit. Still others to build.

Roy
Roy Buchanan is offline   Reply With Quote