All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum  
AMR Shamus Cooncreek and Tumbleweed Springs AMR Shamus Badger Creek AMR Shamus How I make a model railroad

Go Back   All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum > Archive (Read Only) > Library > Structures
Gallery Image Hosting Calendar FAQ Mark Forums Read

Old 6th October 2007, 19:01   #1
Shamus
Administrator

Default Making shingles by Hockey_Rocks

I put together some pictures of the step-by-step procedure of making the shingles.

First you need to make your jig this is the hardest part of the whole project so here are some pictures of the jig I had made.

Take a two-by-four and cut it the length of the sticks. Then with the table saw continue to move the table saw guide over to cut the width of the sticks. Afterwards measure very carefully half an inch and mark it on the two-by-four then with the scroll saw cut where you marked and you got your jig

After you have made your jig stack as many sticks in the two-by-four as possible (it's good to have ithem tight, so they don't move). like the pictures below.

Then with the scroll saw, cut in the slits that you had previously cut to make your jig.

After you have cut in all the slits take them out of the jig and they should look like this.

Then take the sticks you just cut, and zig-zag them on the sticky-tack and continue to do this for however long you want you your shingles.

Then after that you take your glue gun and run it along the sticks, you can do about two or three of them at a time, and then take one of the sticks and run it along the rows of sticks you had just glued to press the glue down. once you have finished the shingles are done take them off the sticky-tack and paint them.

Hope the pictures help you understand.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brick Walls.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the other day I was thinking of how I could make an O scale brick wall, as all my buildings have been made with siding :S so here's the "How to" on how to make them, hope you like the turn-out!

First you take 1/4 in. thick wood of your choice then you cut the strips at 1/4inch.

Second with the jig as is showing in the picture you cut the slits in the cut trips.

After cutting multiple strips you zig-zag them as pictured.

Then the fun part comes in, you weather it, also you can put advertisments on it.