All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum  
AMR Shamus Cooncreek and Tumbleweed Springs AMR Shamus Badger Creek AMR Shamus How I make a model railroad

Go Back   All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum > Model Train Forums > H0/00 - Scale
Gallery Image Hosting Calendar FAQ Mark Forums Read

Old 21st September 2014, 14:35   #61
JohnM

As I mentioned I've got all the way round. The hatch may end up as a duck under though, as there is only a very small length of rail between the edge and the turnout. I have a bit of an issue with the right hand turnouts only in Brockville even though they are the same throughout the layout.The leading drivers on 66 & 67 strike the frog and jump. 64 & 65 pass through just fine though. So as Foley's mountain is going to seperate Brockville from Westport I got a peco long radius turnout with an under mount switch motor.

The long view.

I've also been working up from Lyn and have the fill completed.

This is a house that Steve brought over and it never seemed to fit anywhere, until we cut it in half and it's the front of King st.

This I scored at work. It was hanging up during operation and so was unreliable. Boss says throw it out I says Yes Boss. i did have it polished up it's a little tarnished right now, and I will have to make a mount for it as there is a stub of pipe protruding from the back.

I hope to finish the rock cut this week.

Cheers
JohnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2014, 16:07   #62
JohnM

Well, I would have done the cut. I used a product called Celluclay which worked quite well but took a long time to dry. In the mean time I found a piece from a logging building that had been cannibalised for parts.

At this stage I'd already cut off about 3/4" off the bottom but I think this will work.

A vent from another kit filled the hole in the roof.

The gaping hole in the front was filled with some board & batten styrene.
The doors are Tichy from the window and door selection pack, I'm getting low on doors.

Cheers for now.
Old 16th October 2014, 22:00   #63
GWRman

I like it. That is a very good use of a basically scrap piece of a building and you would never know that it was not meant to be there in the first place.

Doug.
GWRman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2014, 13:42   #64
JohnM

Thanks for the comments Doug.
I think it works as either the old stables or a recent addition as the dept has expanded.
It needs weathering now.
Cheers
Old 4th July 2015, 01:25   #65
JohnM

Hi Guys
It's not that I haven't been at it, I don't have a working camera now.
The rock cut and fill are done. The pieces are cut for the trestle. I'm almost done an engine shed for Westport. Lyn Falls is done. There is a camping scene now just out of Westport. Something like 100 various animals have been painted and added around.
My daughter absconded to college with the camera.

Pics hopefully sometime over the summer.

Franco was right, and the solenoids are being replaced with ground throws.

Cheers
Old 5th July 2015, 21:00   #66
GWRman

Nice to see that you are back on scene and still at it. Shame about the camera though.

Doug.
GWRman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2016, 15:12   #67
kaustav

Any more progress on your layout John? I would love to see some new photos.
kaustav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2016, 23:43   #68
JohnM

Hey Kaustav.
I only just noticed this post.
I didn't do too much last winter and the summer was too hot to get up there,
but there has been a little progress. A loco shed for Westport and I'm currently working on a factory building to be Phillip's Cables in Brockville. I've also got a good start on the trestle coming into Brockville, with the bents made and in place.The hatch idea is now firmly a duck under, which meant that the fascia is now curved in all the corners, instead of having the one square corner for the hatch.

Who ever invented the digicam should be shot. Last November I broke down and got another one. For the past 6-7 months it's sat in a drawer and I got it out for when my sister came. The lens is just flapping about in the breeze.
So, no new pics for now.
What do you use for a camera? You have to have better luck than I!
Old 16th October 2016, 09:22   #69
kaustav

Really? What camera did you buy? I had a Fuji FinePix for about 5 years - provided excellent service, but then the electronics started giving trouble for night time/low light shots by producing too much noise, so I gave it away and bought a Sony Alpha A5000, and so far it's giving great service. I have been using digicams for 11 years now, and never had it's lens come out the way you said - it must have been a very unlucky purchase. Can't you take it back to the shop where you bought it from?

I will wait for the photos then whenever you resolve the camera problem.

By the way, I will be moving to HO too very soon - in fact I'v already purchased mostly everything I need to get started. The only reason I am waiting is to complete Wrightsville Port - it anyway took 6 years to come this far, another distraction now will lave it incomplete for ever!

Take care,
Kaustav
kaustav is offline   Reply With Quote