All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum  
AMR Shamus Cooncreek and Tumbleweed Springs AMR Shamus Badger Creek AMR Shamus How I make a model railroad

Go Back   All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum > Model Train Forums > H0/00 - Scale
Gallery Image Hosting Calendar FAQ Mark Forums Read

Old 17th September 2005, 20:32   #1
frank47

Default My OO Railway

This is the room I have to work with its roughly 10*10 with the fitted wardrobe removed and thats the way I will go. As you can see its just a dumping ground for all those things that you want to get rid of but dont. the first 2 photo`s where taken about 2 weeks ago the last 2 today. I have done a basic track plan but am still playing with it. My aim is to run trains and am not modeling on any particular era. its a long time since I had a train set and will no doubt make a few mistakes. Please dont expect the progress that I see a lot of on this site, even though I am retired I still have a lot of other commitments that will take priority over this venture but i will try and update at least once every 2 weeks. I am aiming for about 12 to 18 months to complete but we will see. Hope you all enjoy watching my progress and in helping me to get this project completed.

hope this has worked as ive been on here nearly an hour trying to get these photos on.
frank47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2005, 20:40   #2
frank47

Default Re: My OO Railway

hmm must be doing something wrong, cant seem to get them photo`s on here, will try again tomorrow
Old 17th September 2005, 21:38   #3
HotShot

HI Frank,
Hope you don't mind...I took the liberty and went in and edited your post so the pics worked.

There were HTML tags missing on the ends. This one... [/img]

Lookin good so far!!
HotShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2005, 23:57   #4
Howqua
Mod Squad

Hi Frank you should not worry about the progress of some of us here they don't sleep and good luck with the project.
Howqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2005, 10:36   #5
jpguest

Nice work Frank I look forward to watching your progress
jpguest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2005, 13:56   #6
mosslake

Yes indeed. You're off ot a good start Frank
mosslake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2005, 20:16   #7
frank47

as promissed a new update, This is what i call first fixing of some of the track, Just to make sure it comes together as planned, as all seemed OK, cork tiles cut and glued also given a coat of grey acrylic and holes cut for points. I will try and give another update in 2 weeks just before we go on our hols.

spell checker is brill but still cant seem to get the pictures to work, I hope HOTSHOT comes to my rescue again, cant work out what im doing wrong.
Old 1st October 2005, 21:29   #8
HotShot

Got ya covered there Franky!

Looks good!

What you were doing was posting LINKS to the pics rather than the pics themselves.

The way I post pics is like this.

1) I open my photogallery in another tab or another window, so I can toggle back and forth between the post reply page, and the image gallery page.

2) On the gallery page, I right click on the image and open it in a separate window, so I can get the large version of it. ( You can also just double click the image and it will enlarge in the same window, and you can use the back button to go back to other images when your done with it.)

3) On the large image, I right click and choose " copy image location".

4) I then go back to the post reply page and click the insert image icon. ( It's the one right above the winking smiley guy. )
This will make the image tags appear. these....( [img][/img] )

Now all you need to do is click once in between the tags so the cursor is blinking between them and right click and choose paste.

now your image addy will be between the tags and if you hit preview...you should see the image in the post! Woo Hoo!

If you still need a hand ...drop me a PM or e-mail at Hotshot@all-model-railroading.co.uk and I will be more than happy to help ya out!
HotShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2005, 23:41   #9
Howqua
Mod Squad

Dave,to the rescue,do you wear your underpants on the outside like Superman????
Good work Frank.
Howqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2005, 08:56   #10
frank47

Thanks for putting me right, maybe next time I will get it right