All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum  
AMR Shamus Cooncreek and Tumbleweed Springs AMR Shamus Badger Creek AMR Shamus How I make a model railroad

Go Back   All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum > Model Train Forums > Design and Plan your layout -- (Track Plans)
Gallery Image Hosting Calendar FAQ Mark Forums Read

Old 1st March 2011, 09:42   #1
kaustav

Default Some Layout Designs for your use

I have been designing layouts for nearly 5 years now and have made quite a few drafts with various designs before zeroing in on the Wrightsville Port design. I lost some of them due to hard disk crashes and rest are lying in pile of old emails.

I was thinking for quite some time to publish them so that others can use them if they like it and finally I squeezed some time to collate some of those drafts and put them in a page. All of these are not complete designs, but they have the basic track plan and details to start with. Rest are anyway editable. To check the first 4 designs, please visit my blog.

Some of these designs are not necessarily my original designs. I have taken inspiration from various layout designs over time (as I am sure most of us have) and designed something that suits my needs - especially space and budget. I have mentioned references, so that you can check the original layouts/ related designs.

I would be happy if you like them and decide to use them, but would be happier, if you please let me know about your progress - would love to see how they look once they are built...

I have quite a few more that I want to publish, but they would need some fine tuning and editing as they are in a very raw state. Will post them over time...
kaustav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2011, 10:31   #2
B-17_Fortress

Default Re: Some Layout Designs for your use

I quite like the third 'L' shaped layout. Plenty of potential to be extended too.
B-17_Fortress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2011, 23:04   #3
kaustav

Default Re: Some Layout Designs for your use

Thanks Steve... I liked that design too when I made it... If I expand my current layout, I will surely try to incorporate something similar...
kaustav is offline   Reply With Quote