All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum  
AMR Shamus Cooncreek and Tumbleweed Springs AMR Shamus Badger Creek AMR Shamus How I make a model railroad

Go Back   All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum > Model Train Forums > Design and Plan your layout -- (Track Plans)
Gallery Image Hosting Calendar FAQ Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 7th January 2007, 02:24   #1
hartleymartin

Default How to post up plans

I encourage members to use the AMR Free image hosting service to prevent cases of the big red "X" replacing pictures due to broken links.

This service is available on your screen right now, where it says "Image Hosting" on the menu just above. The Maximum size for images is 1024 x 768 or 1 megabyte (1024K), which should be more than sufficient for most track plans.

The prefered image formats are GIF or JPG - not BMP.

To produce a viewable image from XTrkCad go to the "FILE" menu and select "Print to Bitmap".

Open the bitmap file in another program such as paint, and "SAVE AS..." a "GIF" OR "PNG" File type. (PNG is preferably if available).

Don't forget to add "Copyright YEAR YOURNAME" to the bottom-right corner. This is just so that if anyone else sees your plans and decides to use them that they can credit you with the work. (I'm an Assistant Library Technician by profession and I do get a bit fussy with copyright law).

The reason that I stipulate GIF or PNG format for XTrkCad plans is because all the colours go funny in JPG format, which is more suited to photographs or scanned paper plans.

Happy Track Planning!
Closed Thread