All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum  
AMR Shamus Cooncreek and Tumbleweed Springs AMR Shamus Badger Creek AMR Shamus How I make a model railroad

Go Back   All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum > Model Train Forums > Design and Plan your layout -- (Track Plans)
Gallery Image Hosting Calendar FAQ Mark Forums Read

Old 25th March 2010, 09:31   #31
JackBlack

Default Re: Museum Layout Design

Thanks Rick, very appreciated.
JackBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 18:52   #32
LoudMusic

Rick, have you had a chance to take pictures of any of the progress? Your project is near enough that I may come down and take a look sometime
LoudMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2010, 22:42   #33
RW James

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudMusic View Post
Rick, have you had a chance to take pictures of any of the progress? Your project is near enough that I may come down and take a look sometime
Sorry I didn't respond sooner.

Keep in mind, this a state museum - so it runs like the government. First there were problems scheduling the carpenters that are going to build the enclosure for the layout. So everything got pushed back. As it seems now, we probably won't get started until after the new year.

Second, the state of Nevada is under an extreme budget crisis (like many states) and the outgoing governor's budget had 8 out of 11 museums closing by next July - including the railroad museum. We have no idea what the new governor has planned (but since he promised the voters no new taxes, spending needs to be cut).

We may still build the layout. We have until July before anything would close. So I'll be sure to take plenty of photos.
RW James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2011, 06:31   #34
RW James

In case you stumble across this thread first here is the construction thread. Not much yet, but I should be filling it in with photos next week.
RW James is offline   Reply With Quote