All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum  
AMR Shamus Cooncreek and Tumbleweed Springs AMR Shamus Badger Creek AMR Shamus How I make a model railroad

Go Back   All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum > Model Train Forums > Design and Plan your layout -- (Track Plans)
Gallery Image Hosting Calendar FAQ Mark Forums Read

Old 17th September 2011, 22:43   #1
Mixy

Default Free railway layout planning software with 3D viewer

Hello dear friends,

I want to introduce my freeware layout design program, called SCARM, which you can download and from www.scarm.info. It has lightweight and intuitive user interface, build-in 3D Viewer and many track libraries included. SCARM is under continuous development and I am collecting any comments or ideas how it can be improved. See some screenshots below (click to enlarge):

I hope that you will like it and will found it easy to work and useful in your projects

Mixy,
from Bulgaria
Mixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 09:51   #2
Night Train

Default Re: Free railway layout planning software with 3D viewer

That looks excellent. I will download a copy tonight.
I would lke to see support for Tomix N gauge track (including viaducts) if possible.
Night Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 15:58   #3
Mixy

Default Re: Free railway layout planning software with 3D viewer

Tnank you

I will try to add Tomix N scale library in SCARM till end of the month

Mixy
Old 17th May 2013, 15:56   #4
Mixy

Default SCARM v. 0.9.19 released

I was not able to write here for a long time, but development of SCARM is moving forward and the new version 0.9.19 is ready and published on www.scarm.info

It contains many improvements and updates, together with some bugfixes. See the list with the most important changes in this version in the following SCARM Blog post http://www.scarm.info/blog/general/s...-9-19-released.

I hope that you will like the new release

Mixy

P.S. If "Check for Updates" feature in SCARM 0.9.18 reports that there is no newer version of the program, download the installer directly from the website. The old version info file may be cached on your PC and it will need some time that cache to expire. If the website also shows v. 0.9.18, press F5 key to refresh it.
Old 5th August 2013, 09:52   #5
Mixy

Hello again

The new SCARM v. 0.9.21 is ready and published on www.scarm.info.

It comes with new features, new and updated libraries, some bugfixes and many improvements. The most important new feature is flex-track automatic point-to-snap-and-join function with auto shaping of the curved part. See more about this update in the SCARM Blog post SCARM v. 0.9.21 Released. There is also a short demo clip, showing how fast and easy is now the flex-track joining to the other tracks on the layout.

I hope that you will like the new version of SCARM and also hope that next one will come soon

Look also the list of SCARM Blog posts for July: www.scarm.info/blog/2013/07. There is an article about the possibility for Running SCARM on Apple Mac - it may be interesting for many of you, who want to try installing and use SCARM on Macintosh computers.

Mixy