All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum  
AMR Shamus Cooncreek and Tumbleweed Springs AMR Shamus Badger Creek AMR Shamus How I make a model railroad

Go Back   All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum > Model Train Forums > 0n30
Gallery Image Hosting Calendar FAQ Mark Forums Read

Old 10th April 2012, 02:32   #1
huddy

Default Cream City turnouts

Ordered 5 #4 turnouts. Any pro's or con's .New to on30. Switching from ho. thanking you in advance Brian
huddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 00:55   #2
JohnM

Default Re: Cream City turnouts

Can't say I've ever used them, but welcome to AMR. What are you working on?

Cheers

John
JohnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 16:32   #3
mabloodhound

I've read good things about these. Haven't had a chance to use them yet so be sure to let us know how you like them.
mabloodhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 00:34   #4
huddy

I have'nt started the new layout yet as I have an ho layout I have to tear down. Just ordering everything now to get started so when I do the need list wont be so long. I have 5 turnouts, 36' of track ( me ) 1 28 ton climax- Bachmann dcc/snd, some rolling stock and a freight shed (Banta). To John M in Brockville, is there anyplace near you to get on30 track? I got my last order from Cream City. Five dollars cheaper for a bundle of six than Micro Mark. I'am just thinking about the shipping charges, as I live in Sault Ste. Marie. Thanking you all in advance Brian
Old 13th April 2012, 01:56   #5
SimonC
Mod Squad

Welcome to AMR Brian.
From their website I'd say you have made good choice! let us know how it goes.
I'm liking the look of their stub On30 turnouts.
SimonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 21:22   #6
JohnM

Brian

The hobby shops I go to most are Larkspur Line in Merrickville http://www.larkspurline-trains.com/ and Leading Edge Hobbies in Kingston http://www.leadingedgehobbies.com/we...store=leading&. One option that a lot of folk in Eastern Ontario use is the UPS store in Ogdensburg NY, where they charge $5 to hold a parcel for a week, if you ever go to the States. The nearest one to you seems to be Petosky, MI. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't On30 the same as HO track?
JohnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2012, 00:42   #7
huddy

John, thanks for getting back with a reply so soon. I was looking for micro engineering 0n30 track,as it is more to scale for 0n30, as compared to stlas flex track. I have delt with lark spur in the past and have been to Merrickville. I will e-mail Jeff and see if he can, or has it in stock. Thanks again Brian