All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum  
AMR Shamus Cooncreek and Tumbleweed Springs AMR Shamus Badger Creek AMR Shamus How I make a model railroad

Go Back   All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum > Model Train Forums > Showcase your models
Gallery Image Hosting Calendar FAQ Mark Forums Read

Old 15th October 2010, 04:02   #1
Komata

Default TKMI Reduction-works (Battery)

My fwllow modellers

Herewith an image of my 'current best model' - the nominally 60-stamp Reduction-works (aka a 'Battery') belonging to the [Te Kereru Mining and Investment Co Ltd, the processing plant of a large-scale gold mine located somewhere on New Zealand's Coromandel Peninsula; the year - 1913.

The image shows the main reduction-works building, the water race (with overflow), sundry associated buildings and the 'recently installed' and very modern (for 1913) B&M (Brown and McMiken, 'Tall' or 'Pachucca') Air Agitator tanks in the background. The tanks form part of the extensive cyanide-plant that the battery has to process the ore received from the company's Toi Toi (toy-Toy) workings. Part of the light railway (tramway) used to convey that ore is visible on the lower left-hand corner of the image. The person in the middle of the image is the Water-Race Inspector, resting in the ssunshine before resuming his inspection duties. Everything except the 'Inspector' figure and the tramway track is scratch-built. The scale: 1: 148

Komata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2010, 17:51   #2
Selector

Default Re: TKMI Reduction-works (Battery)

Very impressive. You have a worthy accomplishment there.

Crandell
Selector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 02:35   #3
Komata

Default Re: TKMI Reduction-works (Battery)

Thank you Crandel - glad that you like it.
Komata is offline   Reply With Quote