All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum  
AMR Shamus Cooncreek and Tumbleweed Springs AMR Shamus Badger Creek AMR Shamus How I make a model railroad

Go Back   All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum > Archive (Read Only) > Books and Video's
Gallery Image Hosting Calendar FAQ Mark Forums Read

Old 9th May 2005, 14:03   #1
UK0n30Fan

Default Ebook on Railroad Workshops

Dear all
This morning my mucker on the Middleton Light Railway asked if was interested in a book about Loco shops - I said I was and he pointed me to this URL....

http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/12148
This is an ebook free to download. You'll need a good connection as there are some 10 x 6-7MB files to download.

The intro states:
"This book goes forth as a record of what is found to exist as the best in railroad shop practise, design, construction and equipment."

The original book was published in 1907

This book was downloaded from the Gutenberg Project site - a quick search for 'Railroad' also bought up :
The depot master
The railroad Builders: a chronicle of the welding of the states.

This site may be worth further investigation.
Have a look at
http://www.gutenberg.org/dirs/GUTINDEX.ALL
for the complete book listing

Edited to add
Since posting that under General Topics, I've had a chance to read through some of the chapters - some useful diagrams, plans etc - The first chapter show some Yard Track layouts - could provide you with some interesting switching layouts!