All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum  
AMR Shamus Cooncreek and Tumbleweed Springs AMR Shamus Badger Creek AMR Shamus How I make a model railroad

Go Back   All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum > Model Train Forums > N / Z- Scale
Gallery Image Hosting Calendar FAQ Mark Forums Read

Old 4th September 2007, 00:15   #1
Kevin Thom

Default CN 2x4 port layout!

Hey everyone. I have dismissed the idea of my southern ontario CN layout and decided to go for a freelanced steam era CN 2x4 layout designed by Ian Rice (ill try to upload some pictures from my magazine but Im not very good at that stuff) The layout I believe is called Loleta & Mad River in 4x8 HO scale but as I said its N scale so I took the plans and made it a 2x4.

There is a small coal loading dock on a cliff and I dont know where I could buy something similar but here is a picture of something I found that would work great! (If only it wasn't attached to a 100$ kit that does not suit my needs... )

if anyone finds anything like this let me know!:

Kevin Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 03:15   #2
acousticco

Default Re: CN 2x4 port layout!

Hi Kevin,
I think the Loleta & Mad River would make an excellent N scale layout! Maybe add an Atlas Shay trundling along some spindly looking trestles? I don't know about the ore bin, I'm looking forward to watching your progress...

-Cody
acousticco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 10:01   #3
Howqua
Mod Squad

Kevin,you can't go wrong with steam era I think,please don't upload any copyrighted images just link to them if you can to avoid any trouble.
I look forward to seeing your progress on this project.
Howqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2007, 13:06   #4
berraf

A layout from the steam era! What could go wrong
berraf is offline   Reply With Quote