All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum  
AMR Shamus Cooncreek and Tumbleweed Springs AMR Shamus Badger Creek AMR Shamus How I make a model railroad

Go Back   All Model Railroading Community Chat Forum > Model Train Forums > 0n30
Gallery Image Hosting Calendar FAQ Mark Forums Read

Old 31st May 2007, 22:54   #1
SimonC
Mod Squad

Angry Vandals hit Badger Creek!

Something devasting happened at Badger Creek today

I confess - I went to pick up some On30 goodies form Shamus, and ~4 hours later his layout looked like this!
All that wonderful scenery went into the crusher at Telford's city dump
What a tradegy!
But now I wonder what is Shamus going to put on that benchwork??
Simon
SimonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2007, 23:07   #2
dirts4racing

Default Re: Vandals hit Badger Creek!

Those vandals must have been driving a lorry to carry all that! Or maybe it was a team of LPBs!
dirts4racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2007, 23:25   #3
SimonC
Mod Squad

Well they drive a rather dirty Ford now!
Simon
Old 1st June 2007, 09:21   #4
Shamus
Administrator

Simon, .

Thanks for the help, without you that would have taken ages to get down, fancy coming back to do the other side loads of goodies left.

Shamus
Shamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2007, 23:29   #5
SimonC
Mod Squad

Default Re: Vandals hit Beaver Creek!

Sorry Paul, not free until the end of July now. We should have done the whole job thursday while I was there. I ended up taking nearly 4 1/2 hrs getting home due to the closure of the M40 (north and southbound), so dismantling your layout would have been more useful than sitting in traffic hope those new plans are taking shape.
Simon
Old 3rd June 2007, 04:43   #6
craigory44

new plans...??? do i sense another layout in the making for the summer?
craigory44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2007, 11:13   #7
dirts4racing

A new layout? SWEET!
dirts4racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2007, 23:45   #8
clayga

Yup...must be about time for another of those "well, I started again..." posts!!
clayga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2007, 11:38   #9
Shamus
Administrator

Not yet, maybe a "Should have started again, but" Or Yep, here we go again or maybe I'll just build it and photo it then show it

Shamus
Shamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2007, 22:22   #10
LoudMusic

Dude! I cry for all those little people who's homes never last. The big angry deity builds their beautiful town, then destroys it all in one foul swoop.

I take it you don't enjoy actually running the trains as much as you enjoy creating historical fictitious worlds? Have you, or do you know of someone who has, created an even further fictitious environment where maybe the trains resemble 'our world' but the scenery, inhabitants, and cargo are something all together different? Perhaps it's a village of squirrels using steam locomotives to transport their acorns, or little blue men with antenna using the trains to move their glowing green ore.

You've built and destroyed more layouts than just about any other five model railroaders put together. But your layouts seem to be rather similar and are confined to similar physical and ... emotional (?) constraints. Would you call these your dream layouts or is there something you'd like to do that all these projects have failed to capture? Perhaps something as simple as size (overall square footage), or as challenging as advanced technologies (DCC equipped with video cameras?), or even running extended operating sessions with four of your best buddies?

Shamus, you are probably the most advanced model railroader I've ever run across who also has the appearance of being a real human being. In a lot of hobbies, and I'm interested in a lot of hobbies, I see the premier hobbyists that everyone envies as being 'unreachable' - so far ahead of everyone else and very difficult to communicate with. But you are not that way and I find that unique and enviable. Congratulation on all your wonderful work - I'll be shocked if you in fact don't already have a new layout nearly completed if only in your mind (:
LoudMusic is offline   Reply With Quote